Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Peanut Butter Granola

So I tried a new granola recipe this morning. It's really simple and it took me about five minutes to put it together! (Haha well, it actually took me a little longer than that, because my first batch burned. I had to try again.)

First, you melt the margarine and peanut butter in the saucepan.










Next, you add the honey, vanilla, and salt. Stir the mixture together until it's nice and smooth. Now here's the part where you add the oats.



Haha I had a little trouble getting my oat bucket opened up before I started. I eventually got it partially opened with a hammer, and it was enough to get the oats out that I needed. Dang, I need to get one of those bucket opener thing-a-ma-jigs!




When the oats are all coated nicely, you dump the granola onto an ungreased cookie sheet and spread them out evenly. (I think I spread mine out too much on my first batch, plus 375 was a little too hot on my oven.)






Here's my first batch when it's about halfway done. I should've taken it out and stirred it around a little bit, because the edges and the bottoms got burned after the full 10 minutes.







Good bye poor burnt granola....
Maybe the birds will at least enjoy some of it.










Well, on the second batch, I turned my oven down to 325,









this time I didn't spread the granola out so far on the cookie sheet,









then I stirred it every few minutes, and I had to cook it just a little bit longer than 10 minutes to get the nice golden brown crispiness!








Enjoy some granola!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks fun. So how does this recipe compare to Dad's as far as taste goes?

BTW, I didn't know you had a blog.

Nattie said...

Dad's is WAY better. This one's quick, though. Also, Matt doesn't like almonds or coconut. Haha silly boy.

I've only had my blog for like a week or so. You haven't missed anything :)